To all clubs,
Just a reminder to have your marshals organised for the first round. A big thanks to “Mr Sparkie” who has continued to sponsor the vests for us.
The Marshalls will be in use for the 2018 season from round 1. Please remember to organise a person for each game that your club is participating in.
The vests will be with:
- Albury – at the canteen
- Wodonga – at the canteen (or hanging in the umpires dugout)
- Corowa – with United
- Wangaratta – with Wangaratta
- Beechworth – with Beechworth
Please ensure that when the game is finished that they immediately go back to where they came from for the next team to use.
Remember that the Marshals must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- wear the vest as this readily identifies them as your Marshall;
- walk around the field used throughout the match and ensure they are clearly visible to Spectators, and are in an appropriate spot for monitoring off-field incidents and behaviour;
- the Marshall must, if it is safe to do so, remind spectators of their obligation to comply with the HAW Code of Behaviour and issue any reasonable direction
- If any spectator fails to comply with the Marshalls reasonable directions, the Marshal should contact their Club for further assistance. If required the Club official representative is to contact the police or relevant emergency services for support;
- not engage in any verbal or physical altercations;
- not consume alcohol or smoke while acting as a Marshall;
- not, unless it is safe to do so, approach opposition Spectators behaving inappropriately and must instead approach the opposition Marshall to resolve any issues.
Further details are in the policy on the HAW web
If there are issues then the appropriate form on the web is to be filled in and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (or put in the results box)
The form to report any issues (which ideally will not be needed) can be located at http://www.haw.net.au/Information/Rules-Policies
Sports Operations Manager